Missing teeth replacement options have improved dramatically over the past several decades. We now have the ability to restore function and natural appearance after tooth loss.
Patients of our Delray Beach, FL practice may explore their options for tooth replacement with:
- Dental bridgework
- Dental implants
While a dental bridge is a fixed prosthesis customized to replace one or a few missing teeth, dentures, which are normally chosen to replace full arches, are removable fixtures. Dental implants are stabilized in the jawbone in the same manner as natural teeth and, when properly cared for with a regular dental health routine, last a lifetime.
NEW ROOTS, NEW TEETH, A WHOLE NEW SMILE . . .
The purpose of dental implants is to restore the lifelike foundation that exists beneath natural teeth. Studies demonstrate the value of this approach, as well as the loss of structural integrity in the absence of teeth roots. Restoring the supportive foundation with dental implants creates a number of benefits:
- Implants are posts that can be used to replace just one tooth, or several.
- Full dentures can be stabilized by just a few implants placed strategically across the arch.
- Implants integrate with the bone, which supports a lifetime of functionality.
- This integration also supports the regenerative capabilities of bone tissue. This is vital to the preservation of facial contours.
- Restoration leads to such a high degree of function that many patients forget they have artificial teeth and roots.
- In some cases, it is possible to insert implant posts immediately upon tooth extraction. This can expedite recovery.
- Final restorations can be placed on implants within three to four months in most cases. A removable prosthesis may be worn in the interim.
Dental implants offer significant benefits. However, we understand that this method of tooth replacement may not be appropriate for every person. Dr. George takes time to explain the options that are available to you so you can make this very important decision with confidence.
Learn more about dental implants. Schedule a visit to our Delray Beach, FL office today.